Chicago might be known as the Second City, but when it comes to a gorgeous lakefront and world-class entertainment, it’s first in our hearts. With an iconic skyline and thousands of acres of green space, this beautiful city boasts both culture and nature, making it an ideal place to call home — and to start a family.
Baby showers are the perfect chance for expecting parents to celebrate with family and close friends — as well as indulge in some must-needed pampering. These playful (and often themed) celebrations are also a fun opportunity to indulge in whimsical décor and cute party favors.
With an iconic skyline and thousands of acres of green space, this beautiful city boasts both culture and nature, making it an ideal place to call home — and to start a family.”
So where is the best place for a baby shower in Chicago? Good Question.
We’ve searched high and low to bring you some of our favorite baby shower venues in Chicago — as well as baby shower venues in Chicago suburbs.
You see, the options are endless. Creative types will love the selection of raw industrial spaces that serve as a blank canvas for your most inspirational ideas. Foodies will adore the myriad of elegant restaurants with custom-designed menus.
No matter your personality or style, we have the perfect spot to celebrate your new arrival and all the joy ahead. Keep reading to discover 13 of our top Chicago baby shower venues. Planning a baby shower has never been easier.
1. Siena Tavern
For a celebrity hot spot inspired by the picturesque city of Siena
- Siena Tavern, located in Chicago’s River North neighborhood, boasts a from-scratch menu created by internationally-acclaimed “Top Chef” Fabio Viviani
- Rustic chic meets sleek industrial design with elements that include reclaimed wood, walls of lush greenery, and swanky light fixtures
- See how this “It’s a Boy” baby shower, set in the Elevated Lounge, used the built-in lush backdrop and vintage leather sofas to complement additional décor
- Four event spaces are available, including The Elevated Dining Space that offers the intimacy of a private dining space along with ample opportunities for people watching
2. Prime & Provisions
For dramatic views and a timeless, elegant design
- Prime & Provisions, a steakhouse inspired by the glamour of a 1920s supper club, features impressive skyline views and a flexible floor plan that can accommodate various guest counts
- Guests can enjoy al fresco dining on the Outdoor Lounge and Terrace with such luxe accommodations as built-in heating devices and a drop-down screen projector
- See how this rose-gold baby shower used the floor-to-ceiling windows and abstract chandeliers to create a bright and cheerful baby shower
- Five event spaces are available, including the semi-private Mezzanine as well as The North Private Dining Room with floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the Chicago River
Prime & Provisions
RELATED: 17 Baby Shower Theme Ideas
3. Galleria Marchetti
For Old-World glamour in the heart of the city
- Galleria Marchetti, one of the top baby shower venues in Chicago, boasts over 90 years of experience with an acclaimed catering and bar staff — as well as state-of-the art facilities
- Dine al fresco in the East Courtyard with its beautiful gardens and ivy-covered walls or at La Pergola, a European-designed, retractable shade structure
- See how this gold-and-white baby shower used the floor-to-ceiling windows of La Pergola to showcase intricate gold paneling décor
- Five event spaces are available, including an Italian Ristorante that features a vaulted ceiling, exposed kitchen, and plenty of Old World charm
4. Sunda New Asian
For a trendy space with award-winning and innovative pan-Asian cuisine
- Sunda New Asian offers personalized décor options which include customized video loops, gobo lighting, customized cocktail napkins, and more
- Party hosts have the option to book a variety of entertainment, including live jazz bands, photo booths, or interactive sushi rolling classes.
- See how this hydrangea-laden baby shower used the a/v equipment and built-in shelving in the South Private Party Room for a memorable celebration
- Private or semi-private event spaces (with a/v services and specialty lighting elements) are available, including the sleek and stylish Veranda Room with its four-course tasting menu
Sunda New Asian
5. Loft Lucia
For a sunlit, industrial space with access to the outdoors
- Loft Lucia is a raw industrial space with oversized windows and exposed brick that results in a warm and cheerful atmosphere
- This West Loop event space includes a commercial-grade kitchen, state-of-the-art sound system, and chic rentals that include everything from lounge furniture to projectors
- See how this colorful and vibrant baby shower took advantage of the soaring ceilings and oversized industrial windows to create a sunlit soirée
- Four event spaces are available, including a rooftop terrace with lush landscaping and exposed brick backdrops
6. Spiaggia Restaurant and Lounge
For an elegant Italian dining experience and panoramic views of Lake Michigan
- Spiaggia Restaurant and Lounge is a 2020 James Beard Award nominee that boasts customizable menus and a nationally-recognized wine program
- Guests may participate in interactive classes such as olive oil and balsamic-tastings and engaging cooking demonstrations
- Three private dining rooms include the Mag Mile Room with abstract chandeliers and floor-to-ceiling views of bustling Michigan Avenue
- The Sala Privata room is also available for more intimate gatherings and features a customizable layout and spectacular views of Oak Street and Michigan Avenue
Spiaggia Restaurant and Lounge
RELATED: 17 Best Rooftops in Chicago
7. Pinstripes Chicago
For engaging entertainment and a made-from-scratch dining experience
- Pinstripes Chicago is a dynamic venue with private dining space available, as well as buffet-style meals served at bowling lanes and bocce courts
- The baby shower luncheon menu includes family style dining and a three-course menu
- Guests will enjoy dramatic views of the Chicago skyline as well as a spacious outdoor patio with cozy fire pit
- The spacious indoor dining space features floor-to-ceiling windows and plenty of rustic details like exposed wood and brick elements
8. Eleven Eleven
For a chic West Loop restaurant that draws inspiration from the community and local art scene
- Eleven Eleven, a trendy restaurant situated in the vibrant West Loop, offers a relaxed (yet elevated) menu with Instagram-worthy plating presentations
- Guests can expect to enjoy the friendly neighborhood vibe — along with a gorgeous interior design that will wow the artists and eclectics in the group
- Private parties can indulge in the exclusive Upstairs Lounge with is sumptuous furnishing and artistic décor
- In addition to a posh private dining room on the upper level, Eleven Eleven boasts an elegant Wine Bar with vaulted ceilings and exposed brick
9. Concorde Banquets
For an oasis outside the city with a variety of room configurations
- Banquet hall with over 30 years of experience and access to the greater Chicagoland area and O’Hare airport
- Personalized service, along with banquet cuisine and pastry tables available
- Staff on-hand to help with seamless planning process and event production
- Various indoor spaces with lush outdoor gardens, an adjacent gazebo, and a swan-filled pond
10. The Clubhouse Oak Brook
For a spacious setting with convenient access to the greater Chicagoland area
- Elegant country club atmosphere with proximity to both Chicago and outlying suburbs
- Unique architectural details include maroon walls, cherrywood flooring, wood mantel-trimmed fireplace, and colorful seating
- See how this blush-baby shower used the space
- Six event spaces include the East Club Room with arched floor-to-ceiling windows and bright details.
The Clubhouse Oak Brook
Oak Brook, IL
11. DL Loft
For a chic Parisian-style lofted apartment space with an award-winning event planning firm
For a contemporary loft space with infinite artistic possibilities
13. Creativo Loft
For a raw space that easily accommodates any vision or style of celebration
- Situated in a historic building constructed in 1887, with original 16-foot-tall tin ceilings and rustic hardwood floors
- 3000-square-feet open space includes hidden kitchen and prep areas, as well as a remote music sound system
- See how this April showers-themed baby shower used the space
We’re Not Through Yet…
Discover talented floral/décor/floral companies that can transform Chicago baby shower venues of all kinds into your ideal party space. Don’t forget to search for your décor inspiration on PartySlate and find everything from gorgeous balloon arches to photo-worthy floral arrangements.
PartySlate can also connect you with top Chicago caterers that offer everything from custom menus to the most innovative catering trends. We know the top photographers to capture your celebration’s most heartwarming moments — along with rental companies to furnish all of your party needs.
But Wait, There’s More…
Find More Baby Shower Venues in Chicago
Head to PartySlate’s curated directory to find additional premier Chicago venues for your baby shower. Narrow your search by selecting “guest count” and “venue type.”
Keep in mind, you can also browse hundreds of events on PartySlate to discover new inspiration and party ideas. See something you like? Don’t forget to save your favorite photos to an Idea Slate and share with your event planner and design team.
Remember, the baby shower is just the beginning. PartySlate is here to help plan the perfect 1st-birthday party once your bundle of joy arrives. Discover tips on how to plan a 1st-birthday party along with unique 1st-birthday party ideas. It’s never too early to start celebrating.