Becoming a Bar or Bat Mitzvah is a meaningful rite of passage representing a child’s move into adulthood. The ceremony is filled with beautiful readings, traditional music, and a long-practiced Torah reading. Family and close friends gather for the service — and often stay for the celebration.
A Bat or Bar Mitzvah celebration may range from a luncheon at the temple after a morning service to an evening bash filled with entertainment and themed décor. Whatever the type of gathering, a skilled Bat or Bar Mitzvah party planner will make the process smooth and worry-free — and the event memorable.
To help, we have curated a list of the top Bat and Bar Mitzvah planners in Chicago.
At PartySlate, we consider several criteria when selecting our top Bat and Bar Mitzvah planner list — including, but not limited to, the quality and quantity of the Bar and Bat Mitzvah celebrations represented on their PartySlate profiles, their reputation and popularity, and affirmation by trusted industry sources.
Read on to discover the top 15 Chicago Bat and Bar Mitzvah planners in Chicago who will plan, design, and produce an epic celebration for your child.
In Alphabetical Order
- We love how this Chicago-based event planning company curates emotion while creating memorable, customizable experiences. The team at Alison Ross Events combines limitless creativity with a calm attention to detail
- We love how this glamorous Bat Mitzvah party boasted mixed metals and pink décor — with a shimmering gold curtain popping against the vibrant pink uplighting
- Click to see how this retro Bar Mitzvah party wowed with neon tablescapes, a geometric (and textured) candy bar station, and dramatic blue uplighting — not to mention, donuts fresh from the fryer
- Clients love how Alison Ross and her team is knowledgeable, responsive, and proactive — while maintaining a passionate focus on each creative detail
- In addition to Bar and Bat Mitzvah parties, Alison Ross Events plans and produces weddings, gala, and milestone celebrations
- We love how this colorful Bat Mitzvah party brings candy to the forefront of the celebration with custom branding and packaging, a suspended lollipop installation, and towering gingerbread-house centerpieces
- Discover how Designer Event Chicago transformed the dance floor at this unique Bar Mitzvah celebration into a dynamic soccer field — while bringing the soccer theme to the tablescapes and vast array of dessert
- Reviewers love how this boutique planning firm can bring any idea to life with a thoughtful planning process and limitless creativity
- Designer Event Chicago also plans and designs weddings, corporate events, and social events — with options for full-planning services or day-of coordination
- Discover the transformative power of neon lighting and décor at this neon-themed Bar Mitzvah party that included an iridescent dance floor and shimmering centerpieces on mirrored tabletops
- We love how a dreamy color palette, ethereal drapery, and glittering chandeliers created the perfect winter landscape for this Frozen-themed Bat Mitzvah party
- Reviewers love Elaine Klein’s hands-on but easy going” planning style as well as her ability to capture any vision
- Elaine Klein Events offers both day-of and full-service planning for Bar and Bat Mitzvah celebrations in the Chicagoland area
- Clients love working with Events by Sweet Magnolia and often hire them for subsequent celebrations. Their love for innovation and their attention to detail result in one-of-a-kind, beautiful parties
- While it’s impossible to pick a favorite creative element from this glam and modern Bat Mitzvah party, we especially love how each reception chair featured branded take-home swag — while donut holes functioned as “edible” coffee cup sip-hole covers (talk about ingenuity)
- Discover how this Rock & Roll-themed Bar Mitzvah party recreated the experience of a world tour with real guitar centerpieces, high-energy album artwork, and an epic stage setup with LED lighting
- Reviewers love how Michelle of Events by Sweet Magnolia makes each celebration unique and personal — while always problem solving and thinking several steps ahead
- Events by Sweet Magnolia plans and designs every kind of celebration, from holiday parties and corporate events to wedding and social events
- This retro-themed Bat Mitzvah took guests back in time to a 50s drive through with milkshake-like centerpieces (crafted from clusters of hydrangea), a menu-style seating chart, and larger-than-life French fry ceiling installation
- We love how this Saturday Night Live-themed Bar Mitzvah party took personal branding to a new level with branded lounge décor, epic signage, and photo-worthy desserts
- Reviewers love how Tess from Events By Tess creates a stress-free celebration with her meticulous attention to detail and her knowledgeable expertise
- Events By Tess plans everything from corporate and experiential events to weddings and social gatherings
- We love Debbie’s ability to spot trends and bring creative ideas to life for celebrations throughout Chicago & the North Shore. Her attention to detail, paired with strong vendor relationships, shows why she has so many repeat clients
- This tropical-themed Bat Mitzvah party whisks guests to paradise with lavish palm foliage, bright and colorful signage, and a glittering installation of starlight (aka, string lights)
- Click to see how this sports-themed Bar Mitzvah party went above and beyond with goal post centerpieces, a locker room seating card display, and plenty of personal branding
- Reviewers love how Eventure/Debbie Tucker creates an immersive experience for guests while capturing the unique personality and style of each client
- Eventure/Debbie Tucker plans and coordinates a wide variety of corporate events (from trade shows to client dinners), weddings, and social and milestone events
- This luxury car-themed Bar Mitzvah party, planned by Great Events, creatively incorporated traffic signage, luxury vehicle branding, and a keychain seating chart
- Gorgeous floral décor and monogrammed place card cutouts make this whimsical spring Bat Mitzvah a photo-worthy bash
- Reviewers love how Great Events listens to each client to help create a celebration that beautifully reflects their style
- Great Events is a full-service event planning and management company for weddings, social celebrations, and Bar and Bat Mitzvah parties
- We love how this tented Bar Mitzvah celebration evokes a progressive dinner party with its room of varying (and spectacular) décor
- Click to see how the Bat Mitzvah girl used her bedroom door as sign-in board at this chic Bat Mitzvah party — as well as the “heartwarming” seating chart
- Reviewers love how Jamie Boton’s meticulous planning allows them to be guests at their own events
- Jamie Boton, Inc. also offers planning services for weddings, corporate events, and every type of social celebration
RELATED: This Virtual Bat Mitzvah in New York Created Meaningful Memories, Thanks to Strategic Planning & Technology
- This second generation, family-owned business brings clients a wealth of knowledge and experience, in addition to versatility in the types of parties. We love the wedding and Bat and Bar Mitzvah work from Joyce and adore her commitment to the non-profit and fundraising community, as well
- We also love how one of her colorful Bat Mitzvah parties wows with polka dot tabletops, a blowup fun house, and an LED PACK-MAN station — not to mention, one-of-a-kind centerpieces
- This swim team-themed Bar Mitzvah party is perfectly on theme with its beach-bed lounge area and tablescapes that evoke swimming pool lanes
- Reviewers love how Joyce Pollakoff Events brings her own endless creativity, along with a talented network of other event professionals, to the planning process
- In addition to Bar and Bat Mitzvah parties, Joyce Pollakoff Events plans weddings, milestones, corporate parties, and non-profit events
- With over 20 years of experience, Tracie Simkin has a natural talent for exceeding her clients’ expectations. We love how her eye for detail, as well as her ability to remove any stress from the planning process, allows her clients to truly enjoy their celebration.
- Guests enjoyed a full-on artistic experience at this Pop Art-themed Bat Mitzvah party that boasted a glow-in-the-dark ping pong table, tons of personal branding (check out the wow-worthy dance floor), and Lite Bright-style signage
- Discover how this epic Bar Mitzvah party used graffiti (and glow-in-the-dark) décor throughout the celebration for a photo-worthy effect; including the dance floor, bar area, and truly unique table linen
- Reviewers love how Partie Girl/Tracie Simkin creates an immersive experience for guests through limitless creativity, innovative thinking, and an adventurous approach to design
- Partie Girl/Tracie Simkin provides boutique planning and production services for weddings and Bar and Bat Mitzvah parties in the Chicagoland area
RELATED: A Video Save-the-Date, Gluten-Free Menu, and Epic After-Party are 3 Ways a Top NYC Bar & Bat Mitzvah Planner Made Her Daughter’s Celebration Super Personal
- As ultimate event tastemakers, Paulette Wolf Events has created exclusive, memorable, and dynamic special events for high-profile clients in the worlds of fashion, lifestyle, film, and entertainment. We love that every celebration is incredibly unique and their professional & savvy team is a joy to work with
- Click to see how this tropical-themed Bat Mitzvah celebration awes with its unique décor, projection mapping, and elaborate entry way (we’ll give you a hint: hundreds of oranges were used)
- We’ve seen lots of sports-themed celebrations, but this lacrosse-themed Bar Mitzvah party wows with personal branding that’s seen everywhere from the front entrance to the dance floor
- Reviewers love how Paulette Wolf Events brings innovation and boundless creativity to every special event
- Paulette Wolf Events also plans corporate and social events, galas, and weddings — with an exclusive clientele list
RELATED: How Kehoe Designs’ Hidden Gem, BlackOak Technical Productions, Takes Event Technology to the Next Level
- We love how this Chicago-based event planner and event consultant specializes in the details. Rochelle L. Baker plans and executes incredible Bar and Bat Mitzvahs celebrations (as well as weddings and corporate events), making sure her clients enjoy a stress-free celebration.
- Click to see some of our favorite elements from this edgy (yet feminine) Bat Mitzvah celebration; including (but not limited to) a beaded fringe entrance, larger-than-life rose centerpieces, an an epic dance party with all-star entertainment
- This “May Madness” Bar Mitzvah party takes décor to the next level with a basketball dance floor, a press box-style DJ booth, basketball court tablescapes (you have to see it to believe it), and so much more
- Reviewers love how Rochelle L. Baker ensures a smooth and seamless celebration with her meticulous organization — as well as her ability to bring any creative vision life to life
- Rochelle L. Baker offers consulting and onsite coordination services for Bar and Bat Mitzvah celebrations — as well as weddings and corporate events
- We love how this glow-in-the-dark Bat Mitzvah party puts a spotlight on the Bat Mitzvah girl with personal branding that’s featured on everything from swag and tablescape décor to ice sculptures and the ultra-hip dance floor
- Click to see how this Bar Mitzvah boy received his dream “Sneaker Head” bash with a gym locker-style swag station, towering sneaker centerpieces, and a “dug out” DJ booth — not to mention, custom swag and signage
- Reviewers love Stacey Moe’s creative mindset and imaginative approach to event planning — as well as her calm and engaging demeanor
- Stacey Moe Events specializes in planning and producing every type of celebration — be it a lavish gala, luxe wedding, intimate milestone celebration, or cutting-edge corporate event
- Tracy and her teams’ extensive knowledge — along with their experience within the event industry — does not go unnoticed. We love how Tracy Fisher Events values their clients, going above and beyond to bring each client’s unique vision to life.
- Click to see what happens when glitter, tassels, and jeweled décor join forces at this perfectly-pink Bat Mitzvah party — where even the beverage straw gleamed and sparkled
- Tracy Fisher Events whisked guests into a dreamscape of color and glow at this neon Bar Mitzvah party that featured a towering laser light installation, LED-striped dance floor, and neon-bright catering choices
- Reviewers love how Tracy Fisher Events creates photo-worthy events that fuse timeless elegance with the hottest trends
- Tracy Fisher Events plans stylish Bar and Bat Mitzvah parties, weddings, corporate events — as well as end of life celebrations and shivas
PartySlate’s editorial team takes great care when curating reliable lists to help you plan any type of event, from weddings and birthday parties to corporate events and galas.
We create our “Best” lists utilizing proprietary PartySlate data, as well as reviews, honors, professional speaking engagements, and more. It’s a combination of art and science designed to help you hire the best team and create your perfect celebration.
Why Do I Need a Bar or Bat Mitzvah Planner?
A Bat or Bar Mitzvah party planner plays many roles. From consultant and event designer to creative director and event producer, a top event planner will transform your child’s celebration into a curated experience that represents his or her interests and personality.
Planning a Chicago Bat or Bar Mitzvah celebration often starts more than a year in advance. With so many details to work out — venue selection, theming and décor choices, entertainment options, and more — it’s important to hire a talented Bat or Bar Mitzvah planner with an equally talented network of Chicago vendors.
An event planner will ensure that you are able to celebrate your child’s hard work in becoming a Bar or Bat Mitzvah with a party that reflects her or his unique style, as well as an event that will create meaningful opportunities to connect with family and friends.
After all, you will want to bask in the joy of your child’s big day — not spend the entire celebration trying to organize or troubleshoot.
What Comes Next?
How Do I Find a Venue for My Bat or Bar Mitzvah Party?
Good Question. While your Bat or Bar Mitzvah planner will likely have a list of trusted venues they’ve worked with in the past, you can also use PartySlate to find a Chicago venue perfect for your celebration size, style, and theme.
Click here to browse PartySlate’s curated directory of top Chicago event venues for Bar and Bat Mitzvah parties. You can use the filters to narrow down your search by guest count, catering or kosher options, and amenities.
When searching for a venue, remember to consider the layout of the space. Is there room for a dance floor, reception tables, and photo ops?
You’ll also want to consider whether the space suits the theme or style of your child’s celebration. For example, a raw loft space is the perfect blank canvas for creative décor. Of course, a talented Chicago event planner and design team can transform any venue space.
For example see images from two Bar Mitzvahs below to see how Kehoe Designs, a renowned Chicago design company, transformed The Geraghty for two completely different celebrations with diverging themes: an Island Chic Bar Mitzvah and a Neon Urban Art Bar Mitzvah.
What Other Kind of Vendors Do I Need to Book for My Bat or Bar Mitzvah Party?
Without a doubt, your invitations are more than a piece of paper with the who, what, when, and where. They are the first opportunity for your guests to engage with the celebration.
Invitations can offer guests a sneak peak into the themes, color, and style of your Bar or Bat Mitzvah party. These days, invitations can even hint to dance floor patterns and photo ops.
But that’s not all. You can also use your invitations and print team to come up with creative signage, on-theme swag, and photo-worthy backdrops.
Find the right invitations and print company with PartySlate’s curated directory. Your perfect invitations are just a click away.
Parties come and go, but the memories last forever. Make sure to keep the memories alive with a cherished photo album of your celebration.
In addition to family portraits on the Bimah, you’ll want photos of the actual party. From the moment your child walks through the doors (cue the band) to the first snowball dance (cue the tissues), there are so many magical moments that you’ll want to reflect on for years to come.
If a picture is worth a thousand words, a video must be worth a million. We highly recommend hiring a professional videographer for your child’s Bat or Bar Mitzvah party.
A videographer can capture the consecutive moments of your celebration — and allow you to witness any moments you may have missed.
Be there for every laugh, smile, and turn on the dance floor — even as you greet guests, connect with loved ones, and enjoy a glass of Champagne.
You can find our curated list of Chicago videographers for your child’s Bat or Bar Mitzvah party here.
After all the hard work that goes into becoming a Bar or Bat Mitzvah, it’s time to celebrate. That’s where the entertainment comes in.
Bar and Bat Mitzvah entertainment has come a long way in the last decade. Perhaps the most popular form of entertainment involves a vibrant DJ and team of dancers.
At a Bar or Bat Mitzvah celebration, you can expect the DJ to get on the dance floor and teach kids new dance moves. Of course, your DJ will also have an eye on the adults in the room. Expect to have just as much fun on the dance floor as your kid.
It gets better. These days, entertainment goes beyond the band. Some of our favorite creative activities at Bar or Bat Mitzvah parties include old-school arcades, VR stations, and pop up shops.
But that’s not all. Don’t forget to keep guests entertained with plenty of photo ops. We love how this glamorous Bat Mitzvah party sported a photo booth with selfie-printed pop socket favors.
Go here to discover top Chicago entertainment companies for your child’s Bar or Bat Mitzvah party.
While many Chicago venues come with their own exclusive catering team, some allow you to outsource your catering.
Head to PartySlate and find a top Chicago caterer for your child’s Bar or Bat Mitzvah party here.
You can narrow down your search by selecting which services you would like — be it kosher, gluten-free, servers, or more.
Bar and Bat Mitzvah parties routinely boast some of the most creative (and stunning) décor. Your child is unique; so it goes without saying, his or her party should be one-of-a-kind. That’s where your designer steps in.
Imagine a pink-themed Bat Mitzvah with lavish ceiling fringe, a monogrammed dance floor, and funky lamp centerpieces. Or envision a red carpet-style Bar Mitzvah with “giant film roll” photo ops and custom movie posters.
Your design team will help you set the scene with everything from florals arrangements and lighting to custom furniture and draping.
Head to the Bar & Bat Mitzvah Party Idea Gallery to search for fresh ideas on dance floors, signage, tablescapes, and more. Make sure to save your favorites to an Idea Slate and share with your design team.
You can also discover your dream design/décor/floral team with PartySlate’s curated list of talented designers.
How Do I Decide on a Theme or Style for My Bat or Bar Mitzvah Party?
Your child’s Bar or Bat Mitzvah party should be a unique reflection of your child’s style and personality. Start with your child’s hobbies, favorite colors, and interests. Click to explore some of our favorite Bar and Bat Mitzvah celebrations themes:
- Pink Bat Mitzvah Party Ideas
- Ice Hockey-Themed Bar Mitzvahs
- Baseball Themed Bar Mitzvah Celebrations
- Creative & Colorful Bat Mitzvah Themes
- Inspired Ideas for Hosting an Outdoor Bar or Bat Mitzvah Celebration
After deciding on a theme, it’s time to connect with your Bat or Bar Mitzvah event planner and design team. Don’t forget, you can also collaborate with your caterer, entertainment company, and other key vendors to perfect the theme and style of your child’s celebration.
How Can I Make My Child’s Bat or Bar Mitzvah Party Stand Out From the Crowd?
After perusing thousands of Bar and Bat Mitzvah parties on PartySlate, we know that a great party always elevates the smallest details. Moreover, a memorable party distinguishes itself with creative trends and innovative activities.
We especially love how this New York Bat Mitzvah party went above and beyond with a video save-the-date, gluten-free menu, and epic after party.
You can also check out how this ultra-chic Bat Mitzvah party dazzled guests with selfie mocktails and a unicorn dance floor.