Charleston is a city rich in history — and hosts often choose the charming locale for their own personally-historic celebrations. Whether it’s an elegant wedding, a ballroom bash, or some other type of Southern celebration, a special event requires a premier event planner. Top planners not only boast experience and an extensive network of event professionals, they are good listeners who are able to bring your artistic vision to life. These top wedding planners in Charleston do that — and much more.
In alphabetical order.
A Charleston Bride
PartySlate Insight: A Charleston Bride handles all the minute details, so couples can focus solely on enjoying their celebration. We love how their style goes beyond the traditional Charleston aesthetic, with touches of glamor and elegance in every celebration.
- Specializes in luxurious, one-of-a-kind weddings
- Emphasis on the details that distinguish celebration from every other event in the Lowcountry
- Able to create weekend-long celebrations that honor the couple’s heritage and loved ones
PartySlate Insight: We love Bellafare’s ability to create events that transcend the typical. Their flexible style allows them to create unique celebrations that perfectly encapsulate their client’s vision.
- Specializes in fashion forward, luxury weddings throughout the Southeast and beyond
- Curates events both at home and abroad
- Strong relationships with some of the best vendors in the country
PartySlate Insight: We love how Calder Clark thinks beyond just the wedding day. With this fantastic team, you can expect a full weekend of perfectly crafted events. Their fine attention to details result in a seamless celebration for couples and their guests.
- Specializes in luxury weddings, especially weekend-long celebrations
- Focus on high design and thoughtful touches
- Especially love the creative freedom that comes with ground-up, tented build-outs
Christina Baxter Weddings
PartySlate Insight: We love Christina Baxter’s eye for exquisite detail. With her artistic nature, she treats every wedding as a masterpiece in its own right. Her weddings, like perfect paintings, balance everything from color to perspective.
- Specializes in luxury weddings
- Team of full-time professionals with refined eye for design
- In-depth culinary knowledge, exceptional problem solving skills, and logistics management
PartySlate Insight: In this case, “Charleston Planner” is a misnomer — as Easton Events specializes in large-scale destination events around the globe. However, they are too good to leave off our top planners list. Their Charleston event venue, Cannon Green, is a perfectly curated space that offers high-quality hospitality and refined design.
- Award-winning destination wedding and luxury event planning company
- Recognized by top industry publications, including Vogue and Martha Stewart Weddings
- Creates immersive experiences that indulge all 5 senses
Events by Reagan
PartySlate Insight: By taking on only a select number of clients per year, Events by Regan is able to devote their attention to creating transcendent and highly personalized events. We especially love how they brought the Eiffel Tower to one particularly luxe Virginia wedding.
- Specializes in weddings and milestone events
- Bespoke design services
- Welcomes weekend-long events and destination celebrations
PartySlate Insight: We love how Fox Events takes their inspiration from nature. The beauty of the natural world shines through each and everyone of their sophisticated events — think lush florals, elegant tree tops, and scenic backdrops.
- Specializes in luxury weddings with a natural, organic style
- Welcomes corporate and nonprofit events
- Above-and-beyond attitude
Gregory Blake Sams Events
PartySlate Insight: Their mantra “communicate, edit, and refine” results in flawlessly executed event planning. We especially love their ability to create any number of artistic visions in a variety of unique locations.
- Specializes in weddings, corporate events, and milestone celebrations
- Over a decade of experience
- Provides unique takes on timeless traditions
Pure Luxe Bride
PartySlate Insight: Lavishness meets sophistication at every Pure Luxe Bride event. We especially love their extraordinary attention to detail that results in dazzling backdrops and gorgeous details.
- Specializes in full-service wedding planning and styled elopements
- 15+ years of experience, including over 250 weddings
- Creates new trends with continuing education and travel
Sweetgrass Social Event & Design
PartySlate Insight: Every Sweetgrass Social Event & Design celebration is infused with Southern charm. We love their romantic and elegant aesthetic. Couples can rest assured knowing their event will receive exclusive attention throughout their entire weekend-long celebration.
- Specializes in luxury weddings and wedding-related events
- Bookings include a lead designer and event producer
- Offers both local and national vendor options to bring each personalized vision to life
Tara Guérard Soirée
PartySlate Insight: We love Tara’s ability to create one-of-a-kind events that you won’t find anywhere else. Her boundless creativity is evident throughout each step of the planning process.
- Specializes in full-service weddings and upscale events
- With 15 years of experience, including 450 weddings
- Each wedding is a unique, personalized experience
PartySlate is the place where leading event professionals share their work with the world. Find new ideas by viewing and saving hundreds of thousands of beautiful event photos from weddings to birthday parties, corporate events to galas. Easily connect with the best local event professionals and find stunning venues. Sign up now »
Featured event professionals and venues receive additional links within articles. Learn about membership plans »