With the gorgeous Lake Michigan on the east and the serene Washington Park on the west, it’s no wonder that Hyde Park is a top wedding destination in the Chicagoland area for couples. Home to the historical University of Chicago campus and an array of scenic parks, Hyde Park has much to offer any couple who dreams of saying ‘I do’ in the Windy City.
We get it – it can be overwhelming to know where to start when it comes to finding the Hyde Park wedding venue that ticks all your boxes. That’s why we’ve curated this all-in-one list of venues to help you find your perfect match, so keep scrolling to discover the must-see wedding venues of Hyde Park, Chicago.
*venues in alphabetical order
For an eclectic space with wow-worthy menu options…
- Mesler Kitchen, part of the hip and dynamic Sophy Hotel in Hyde Park, draws raves for dishes like crispy cauliflower and crab cake benedict, as well as their selection of local beer and liquor
- We love the modern eclectic décor featuring jewel-toned seating, walls filled with interesting prints, and unique lighting installations
- Mesler Kitchen‘s private room capacity is up to 14 guests, but the restaurant is available for full buyout for larger celebrations
For an iconic Chicago experience in an interesting space…
- Museum of Science and Industry, Chicago is iconic for a reason; it boasts dramatic spaces and fascinating installations
- When it comes to getting married at the museum, we love the variety of the seven spaces offered; our favorite picks for your unique nuptials are the Rotunda with its towering ceiling and the Outdoor Porticos for their elegance and views
- See how this New Year’s Eve party lit the space cool blue and how this traditional picnic unfolded lakeside
- Museum of Science and Industry, Chicago capacity ranges from intimate gatherings of 40 to blow-out bashes for over 5,000
For a high-end experience with flapper character…
- The Penthouse at Hyde Park is a stunning new penthouse venue atop the historic Piccadilly Building with breathtaking views of Lake Michigan and the Chicago skyline
- We love how the Penthouse wonderfully preserves the former Piccadilly Hotel & Theater’s 1920s style, keeping its arched windows and intricate crown molding
- Check out how this Great Gatsby wedding embellished the space in white and gold to herald back to the Jazz Age
- The Penthouse Hyde Park capacity is between 150 to 250 guests
For a lakeside locale with historic architecture…
- Promontory Point is a beautiful castle-like event space just steps from Lake Michigan with magnificent French doors, exposed brick interior, and stone verandas
- Check out how this Chicago lakeside wedding featured a gorgeous altar against the beautiful backdrop of Lake Michigan
- Promontory Point capacity is up to 150 guests
For an elegant gem on the UChicago campus…
- The Quadrangle Club, a historic membership club at the University of Chicago, offers a variety of authentic, tailorable spaces that exude the charm of its 1920’s origins
- Check out how this University of Chicago wedding infused the space with modern gold detailing and chic handmade paper cranes
- The Quadrangle Club capacity is groups up to 190 guests in size
For nuptials surrounded by interesting art…
- Smart Museum of Art at the University of Chicago allows you to celebrate your love amid large-scale art installations and sculptures as well as offer your guests the opportunity to explore the galleries with privacy
- We appreciate the variety of spaces available, from the Ratner Reception Gallery to the Elden Sculpture Garden
- Smart Museum capacity is up to 175 guests for cocktails and 70 for seated dinner; the garden can be tented for larger bashes
People Also Ask…
How do I start planning a wedding in Hyde Park?
Couples often set their hearts on a venue before selecting their wedding planner. However, we recommend choosing your wedding planner first. This way your planner can help you choose a venue that fits the style of the wedding you envision.
Use PartySlate to discover the 39 Best Chicago Wedding Planners. You can also use this curated directory to find a top wedding planner. Don’t forget, you can filter your search by specific services offered, diversity designations, and more.