New York wedding venues set your happy day against the backdrop of a bustling metropolis. One of the most beloved cities in the world, visitors and New Yorkers alike appreciate the sights and sounds of the vibrant, historic setting that is New York City. It boasts deep-rooted history, yet constantly evolves and embraces modernity.
When it comes to events, the city astounds in its ability to offer tailored, curated experiences for every individual. Many choose to celebrate their wedding in the city that never sleeps because there are countless opportunities, endless possibilities, and New York wedding venues galore.
With venues for every taste and style, the big apple is the quintessential place to create an unforgettable celebration, boasting more party venues than it has storied nicknames. PartySlate’s curated list of NYC wedding venues will help you choose the perfect urban locale for your perfect day.
Our list of wedding venues in New York has the best options for lovers of culture or nature, iconic New York experiences, luxurious hotel settings, hip and historic hotels, beautiful transformable loft spaces, chic spaces with unique features, waterfront locales, special spots outside the city limits, and even newly-opened New York wedding venues that you haven’t heard of — yet.
Read on to find your perfect wedding venue in New York.
For Culture Lovers…
1. The Grand Tier at the Metropolitan Opera House
- Located on the Upper West Side of Manhattan, the Metropolitan Opera House is known for its larger-than-life performances and events.
- As one of the top attractions in NY, visitors are taken with the beautiful, historic architecture and unforgettable experiences, making this a top wedding venue in New York
- Many choose to host events in the in-house restaurant, The Grand Tier at the Metropolitan Opera House, which provides an artistic and elegant experience.
- See how this romantic red wedding and this Met Opera wedding used this venue.
- The Grand Tier at the Metropolitan Opera House offers a maximum standing capacity of 200.
2. Carnegie Hall
- With its historic grandeur, Carnegie Hall is an incredible venue with an upscale and timeless ambience.
- Visitors celebrate this iconic venue, denoting it an unmissable NY staple.
- Carnegie Hall caters to all tastes, offering both classic spaces with historical fixtures, as well as modern, newly renovated spaces.
- See how this corporate dinner party and this fall wedding used this venue.
- Carnegie Hall offers six spaces with capacities ranging from 34 to 300 guests.
- Positioned above the distinguished Museum of Arts and Design, Robert is the perfect fusion of trend and sophistication.
- Guests enjoy Chef Gonzalo Colin’s culinary creations while looking out over the beautiful Central Park and Columbus Circle.
- Robert offers three event spaces: The Theater, The Main Dining Room, and The 7th Floor, each with maximum standing capacities of 143, 250, and 180, respectively.
For Nature Lovers…
4. Patina Events at Brooklyn Botanic Garden
- A beautiful outdoor setting, Patina Events at Brooklyn Botanic Garden is a picture-perfect, natural haven.
- Past clients repeatedly praise this venue, describing it as “a magical space with premier service,” making it a wedding venue in New York perfect for discerning couples.
- Patina Events at Brooklyn Botanic Garden boasts an incredible and extensive wedding menu, delivering exceptional culinary taste.
- See how this stylish wedding and this lush wedding used this venue.
- Patina Events at Brooklyn Botanic Garden offers three event spaces: The Palm House, The Atrium, and Yellow Magnolia Café with seated maximum capacities of 250, 125, and 70, respectively.
5. Central Park Zoo
- As one of the world’s most famous zoos, Central Park Zoo is a beautiful wedding venue in New York situated within some of the city’s most iconic landmarks.
- Reviewers love the intimate, welcoming feel of this outdoor venue.
- Central Park Zoo offers elegant tenting and natural scenery with a sprawling view of the Midtown Skyline.
- See how this whimsical wedding and this colorful cocktail party used this venue.
- Central Park Zoo can accommodate small or large parties permitting a maximum seated capacity of 700 and standing capacity of 2,000.
6. Bronx Zoo
- Bronx Zoo is a fun-loving, yet sophisticated venue offering a variety of indoor and outdoor spaces for an unforgettable wedding.
- Reviewers love this unique and historic venue, claiming it to be a “National Treasure”
- All proceeds from event rentals at Bronx Zoo support The Wildlife Conservation Society’s goal to preserve wildlife.
- See how this elegant wedding and this unique wedding used this venue.
- With multiple spaces available for booking, Bronx Zoo caters to parties with anywhere from 70 to 1,000 guests.
For an Iconic New York Experience…
7. Rainbow Room
- Rainbow Room is an iconic New York dining & entertainment venue located 65 stories above the famous Rockefeller Center.
- Rainbow Room draws in worldwide visitors who rave about the gorgeous views & top-notch cuisine
- Rainbow Room‘s Executive Chef Mathew Woolf is renowned for his elegant and creative take on classical dishes
- See how this deep blue wedding and this over the rainbow event used this venue.
- There are five different spaces available: The Rainbow Room, The Gallery, The Private Dining Room, Bar SixtyFive, and the Outdoor Terrace each with a capacity of 300, 60, 25, 190, 85, respectively. Clients are able to book multiple spaces for one event.
8. 620 Loft & Garden
- 620 Loft & Garden is a venue with gorgeous greenery located in the heart of New York City.
- A top-rated venue in New York, 620 Loft & Garden reviewers describe the space as the perfect mix of a traditional garden and chic urban feel.
- 620 Loft & Garden offers exquisite views of Fifth Avenue and St. Patrick’s Cathedral, making it one of our favorite NYC wedding venues.
- See how this rooftop rehersal dinner and this chic cocktail party used this venue.
- 620 Loft & Garden offers an Interior Space along with an Outdoor Garden and a total capacity 165.
9. Gotham Hall
- Gotham Hall is located in a landmark building that used to be the Greenwich Savings Bank — and its rich design elements make it clear that you’re celebrating in an iconic NYC space
- The Midtown event space boasts 17,500 square feet of unique event areas, from its Grand Ballroom‘s 70-foot ceiling and ornate stained-glass skylight to its more intimate Lounge with its own
- Couples rave about Gotham Hall‘s grandeur, stunning architectural details, and attentive staff
- See how this multi-cultural wedding used elegant draping to stunning effect and how this floral-forward wedding created a magical indoor garden
- Gotham Hall features four event spaces from its truly grand Grand Ballroom to its intimate Oak Room that can accommodate celebrations for 50 to 900 guests
10. Tribeca Rooftop
- Tribeca Rooftop is a stylish industrial venue located in the trendy neighborhood of Tribeca.
- Reviewers love Tribeca Rooftop, pointing out its spectacular service, cocktails, and views.
- With a 25-foot glass atrium and windowed walls, Tribeca Rooftop provides a spectacular view of Manhattan.
- See how elegant this Bat Mitzvah celebration and this chic wedding used this venue.
- The Rooftop space allows for a standing capacity of 720 guests, a seated capacity of 175-400 guests, and a theater-style capacity of 350 guests.
11. Tribeca 360
- Tribeca 360 is a modern and minimalist loft-like venue located in the Tribeca neighborhood.
- Reviewers love this iconic space, specifically noting its “terrific customer service and unbeatable views.”
- With an innovative use of lighting and blank walls, Tribeca 360 can be adapted for any type of event.
- See how this HBO cocktail event and this dreamy Bat Mitzvah celebration used this venue.
- Tribeca 360 has a standing capacity of 720 guests, a seated capacity of 175-500 guests, and a theater-style capacity of 500 guests.
12. Bryant Park Grill
- Located behind the New York Public Library, Bryant Park Grill is a gorgeous New York restaurant.
- Bryant Park Grill garners many positive reviews and is noted for its fun-loving atmosphere and great food.
- Don’t miss how this charming winter wedding and chic modern wedding made beautiful use of the space.
- Bryant Park Grill has a standing capacity of 300 guests and a seated capacity of 250 guests.
13. Ziegfeld Ballroom
- Evoking the elegance of the 1920s, Ziegfeld Ballroom is at the intersection of historic glamour and modern beauty.
- Reviewers describe the historic Ziegfeld Ballroom as “old-fashioned with a modern twist” — a perfect mix for a wedding venue in New York.
- Ziegfeld Ballroom has a balcony along with the main ballroom and a maximum capacity of 1,300 guests.
14. Ellis Island
15. New-York Historical Society
- Centrally located on the Upper West Side, New-York Historical Society is the perfect spot to create your own personal history
- We love how the opportunity to do a wedding at the New-York Historical Society not only comes with stunning spaces, but also a good deed, as the proceeds from their event rentals go towards the museum and its programming
- Top event planners like Marcy Blum Associates and agencies like TINSEL Experiential have produced stunning events in the New-York Historical Society space
- We especially love the Patricia D. Klingenstein Library with its towering ceiling and dramatic columns lending additional emotional heft and grandeur to your wedding
- New-York Historical Society has a staggering 10 event spaces to choose from; Go for courtyard intimate events for 30 or big bashes for up to 450 of your closest friends (which, with a combination of spaces can rise to 600 guests)
For Luxury in a Hotel Setting…
16. Mandarin Oriental, New York
- Offering spectacular views of Central Park and the Hudson River, Mandarin Oriental New York is perfect for any event.
- Reviewers rave about Mandarin Oriental New York‘s prime location and outstanding service.
- Mandarin Oriental New York is known for its modern design with a chic Oriental twist.
- See how this winter wedding and this ballroom wedding used this venue.
- Mandarin Oriental New York offers eleven event spaces with varying capacities of up to 1000 guests.
17. InterContinental New York Barclay
- InterContinental New York Barclay is an elegant hotel with a vibrant and rich history
- Consistently one of the top-rated venues in NY, InterContinental New York Barclay guests designate the hotel as creating unforgettable experiences.
- InterContinental New York Barclay possesses 20,000 square feet of meeting and event spaces.
- See how this whimsical winter wedding and this pink wedding used this venue.
- The venue has 8 event spaces with capacities ranging from 20 to 500 people.
18. Four Seasons Hotel New York
- Steps away from Central Park and Madison Avenue, Four Seasons Hotel New York is a world-renowned hotel located in Manhattan.
- Commonly referred to as one of the best hotels in NY, reviewers praise Four Seasons Hotel New York’s impeccable design, service, and location.
- Four Seasons Hotel New York offers 17 event spaces with varying dimensions and a maximum capacity of 270.
19. Soho Grand Hotel
- As one of Downtown Manhattan’s luxury boutique hotels, Soho Grand Hotel captures the industrial vibe of SoHo from the 70s with the luxury of the 1870s Gilded Age.
- Soho Grand Hotel reviewers love how this pet-friendly hotel boasts experienced staff, gorgeous décor, and an acclaimed whiskey menu at the Grand Bar
- This boutique venue features a permanent collection of unique artwork from some of the most renowned names in the art world, making it a stand-out choice of New York wedding venues.
- See how this couple (and their photographer) took advantage of the hotel’s prime location for artistic and creative shots against the city backdrop
- Eight event spaces are available at Soho Grand Hotel, including both indoor and outdoor spaces with capacities for up to 250 guests
For a Hip & Historic Hotel…
20. Wythe Hotel
- As a restored Brooklyn waterfront factory, the Wythe Hotel is equal parts charming & historic
- The hotel is commended for outstanding service and a home-like atmosphere
- Wythe Hotel provides farm-to-table catering from its in-house restaurant
- See how this gorgeous city wedding and this romantic wedding used this venue.
- Wythe Hotel boasts seven event spaces with capacities ranging from 12 to 350 guests
21. The High Line Hotel
- Located in the Chelsea neighborhood, The High Line Hotel is an inspiring oasis away from bustling downtown Manhattan.
- The High Line Hotel is well-known for its “European-style coziness,” making it a beautiful choice of New York wedding venues.
- This historic hotel boasts turn-of-the-century Collegiate Gothic architecture.
- See how this romantic wedding and this ballerina wedding used this venue.
- The High Line Hotel has eight event spaces with capacities ranging from 10 to 300 people.
When it comes to events, the city astounds in its ability to offer tailored, curated experiences for every individual.
22. The Prince George Ballroom
- Built in the early 20th century, The Prince George Ballroom is a timeless event venue with a deep-rooted history.
- Boasting a vintage, upscale atmosphere, reviewers claim The Prince George Ballroom is “one of the best-kept secrets in New York”
- With its recent renovation, the venue has modern amenities while still preserving its Neo-Renaissance features
- See how this 60th birthday celebration and this Bat Mitzvah celebration used this venue.
- The Prince George Ballroom has three spaces, The Ballroom, The Ladies’ Tea Room, and The Gallery with a maximum capacity of 400, 75, 225
RELATED: Find Top New York Wedding Vendors
For a Beautifully Transformable Loft Space…
23. Lavan 541
- Near Hudson Yards, the state-of-the-art space at Lavan 541 offers innovative immersive experiences
- Projection-mapping at Lavan 541 allows for a wedding against an ever-changing backdrop, transporting guests from one scene to another
- See how this creative hybrid wedding made use of the space to allow virtual guests to attend, as well as give in-person guests an unforgettable experience
- The all-white, transformable space at Lavan 541 can accommodate up to 350 guests
24. Midtown Loft and Terrace
- Offering a sprawling view of the Manhattan Skyline, Midtown Loft and Terrace is an ideal venue for any type of event.
- With countless awards, Midtown Loft and Terrace is known for its adaptability and outstanding views.
- Notable past clients include ESPN, Morgan Stanley, The New York Times, and Netflix.
- See how this fall wedding and this chic wedding used the space at Midtown Loft and Terrace.
- The Loft can accommodate 160 seated, while the Terrace can accommodate 150 standing and 100 seated.
- SECOND. is a premier NY event space with spectacular service and culinary expertise.
- SECOND. is completely transformable and provides end-to-end production service.
- SECOND. offers various event spaces, allowing clients to rent one room or the entire floor, a high degree of flexibility for a wedding venue in New York.
- See how this Motown 60th birthday and this Pretty in Pink Bat Mitzvah celebration used this venue.
- SECOND. has five different spaces with ranging capacities, accommodating small and large parties.
26. Dobbin St
For a Chic Space with Interesting Features…
27. THE GRILL | THE POOL by Major Food Events
- Located in the Seagram Building, these two individual restaurants, THE GRILL | THE POOL, are known for their modern, yet ageless feel.
- This venue has earned praise for its “great food and ambiance.”
- Events at THE GRILL | THE POOL are scalable as clients are able to book individual rooms in one of the two restaurants or book both restaurants in full.
- See how this romantic wedding and this modern wedding utilized THE GRILL | THE POOL space.
- Both restaurants are available to be booked together with a standing capacity of 400; two great New York wedding venues in one chic locale.
28. Studio 525 NYC
- Studio 525 NYC is a beautiful street-level venue located right near The Highline in Chelsea in NY.
- Reviewers gush over the friendly and committed staff, along with the modern-chic atmosphere.
- Studio 525 NYC has hosted many high-profile events and clients including Ferrari, Tiffany & Co, and Apple.
- See how this floral wedding and this film festival used this venue.
- Studio 525 NYC offers two studio spaces: Studio A with a standing capacity of 250 and Studio B with a standing capacity of 100.
- With a unique all-white canvas, JLoft can be customized and transformed for any event.
- JLoft is known for its spaciousness and distinctive white walls.
- JLoft provides the event rentals, planning, styling, and coordination services for a perfect New York wedding.
- See how this black & white wedding and this storybook baby shower used this venue.
- This event space allows anywhere from 50 to 250 seated guests.
30. Brooklyn Winery
For a Waterfront Locale…
31. The Water Club
- Situated on the East River, The Water Club offers panoramic views of the city skyline, one of our favorite New York wedding venues with a view.
- Drawn in by the sweeping views, visitors also appreciate the private lot and complimentary valet parking.
- The Water Club has multiple spaces available to rent, including three private ballrooms and a beautiful rooftop.
33. Pier Sixty
34. The Bordone LIC
- The Bordone LIC is a modern venue with plenty of natural light and beautiful outdoor spaces — a real find among New York wedding venues.
- Reviewers rave about The Bordone LIC‘s breathtaking outdoor views perfect for wedding ceremonies.
- The Bordone LIC has four event spaces with maximum capacities ranging from 75 to 500 guests.
RELATED: Explore PartySlate’s Wedding Resources — from Venues and Vendors to Trends and Unique Ideas
For Special Spots Outside the City Limits…
35. Abigail Kirsch at The Loading Dock
- Located in Stamford Connecticut, Abigail Kirsch at The Loading Dock creates the trendy atmosphere of a NY loft.
- Reviewers especially praise this venue for its creative and delicious cuisine
- The Loading Dock offers cutting-edge cuisine and allows clients to curate their own special and memorable menus.
- See how this romantic wedding and this luxurious wedding used this venue.
- Abigail Kirsch at The Loading Dock permits a standing capacity of 450 and a seated capacity of 350.
36. The Crystal Plaza
- Once a residential mansion, The Crystal Plaza is a beautiful venue that still maintains its historic grandeur.
- Reviewers repeatedly point out the amazing service, noting the staff to be incredibly kind and responsive.
- With impeccable white-glove service, The Crystal Plaza hosts one event at a time ensuring the utmost dedication for its clients.
- See how this winter wonderland wedding and this pink wedding used this venue.
- The Crystal Plaza has multiple event spaces, including The Grand Ballroom, The Gardens, The Living Room, The Salon, and The Private Suites with capacities of up to 400 guests.
37. SPACE Events
- Located in Englewood New Jersey, SPACE Events is a jack-of-all-trades offering event planning, design, production, and entertainment services along with the venue.
- SPACE Events amasses rave reviews for its electric atmosphere and detail-oriented in-house team.
- SPACE Events provides an amazing creative team that helps bring design ideas to life.
- See how this textured wedding and this mixed metals wedding used this venue.
- The entire venue is available for bookings with a standing capacity of 961.
38. Celebrate Snug Harbor
Staten Island, NY
- Celebrate Snug Harbor features lush, picturesque botanical gardens that are worth the short trip
- We love that Celebrate Snug Harbor has so many spaces to choose from, meaning you could say your “I dos” flanked by water-lily-filled ponds before your garden cocktails between bamboo and a pagoda then have your reception in a grand ballroom or tented pavilion
- Couples rave about the high level of personal service Celebrate Snug Harbor offers, noting the staff’s attention to detail, genuine helpfulness, and patience
- Don’t miss how this charming wedding made beautiful use of the grounds for perfect photos and the Great Hall Ballroom for a chic reception; or how this fall wedding brought even more bright florals to the garden then filled the tent with a dance-all-night reception
- Celebrate Snug Harbor features six spaces for up to 350 of your closest friends and family
39. Cedar Lakes Estate
- Brought to life by two sisters, Cedar Lakes Estate perfectly merges rustic sophistication and natural tranquility.
- This venue receives great admiration from the likes of Vogue, Forbes, and Martha Stewart.
- Cedar Lakes Estate is committed to culinary excellence, offering personalized menus inspired by the surrounding landscape.
- See how this bright wedding and this rustic fall wedding used this venue.
- Cedar Lakes Estate has eight spaces, both indoor and outdoor with varying capacities.
40. Estate at Three Village Inn
- Located in the picturesque village of Stony Brook, Estate at Three Village Inn is a beautiful and peaceful environment for any celebration.
- Past clients praise the gorgeous property and point out its “rustic, intimate feel.”
- Estate at Three Village Inn offers indoor and outdoor spaces with a maximum capacity of 250.
41. The Mansion at West Sayville
42. The Pavillion at Sunken Meadow
For Shiny New Spaces for Weddings…
- Kaatsbaan isn’t new as an incubator for creativity, but its recently availability as a stunning and unique wedding venue is.
- Be among the first to host a wedding at this newest addition to New York wedding venues.
- We adore the rolling countryside and sheer number of wide open outdoor spaces available for events at Kaatsbaan that can accommodate up to 300 guests.
- Kaatsbaan‘s performance spaces also make for interesting and unexpected venues, with space for more than 600 friends and family.
- 74Wythe has a storied history; once a factory and then a nightclub, the space has been recreated as a staggering 15,000 square-foot event space — one of the newest and most flexible New York wedding venues.
- 74Wythe is situated in the hip Brooklyn neighborhood of Williamsburg among boutique hotels, craft breweries, and more.
- Our favorite space is The Rooftop at 74Wythe; we adore its unexpected entrance experience plus unobstructed Manhattan skyline views and a retractable glass pergola for all-season use.
- 74Wythe offers six event spaces spanning three stories which can accommodate intimate gatherings from 10 to 15, as well as bashes for 400.
Next, choose your dream wedding team…
PartySlate is also here to connect you with a talented team of event professionals to fulfill your wedding wishes.
Start by locating your perfect New York wedding planner. Our curated selection of top wedding planners in NYC will make it easy for you to narrow down your options, view their photos from past weddings, and contact them directly to hire them for your special celebration.
In addition to PartySlate, your wedding planner will be a resource for the selection of every member of your wedding team. Your planner will have a vendor network and an in-depth understanding of the style of wedding you envision.
In addition to a wedding planner, you’ll secure a top New York wedding photographer. We recommend starting your search by browsing the digital portfolios from multiple New York wedding photographers. This will give you a sense for which professionals will best match your style.
As you find wedding vendors you like, you can save them to your “favorites” on PartySlate by clicking the heart icon on their profiles. You can also reach out directly to each vendor right from PartySlate.