Chicago, IL (February 11, 2020) — PartySlate, a photo-rich platform that inspires people planning events and connects them with the leading event professionals and venues across the country, announced today that it has raised $5.5 million in Series A funding. The round was led by Great North Labs, with participation from new investors FJ Labs and Forefront Venture Partners. Also participating in the round were existing investors, including Hyde Park Venture Partners, Dundee Venture Capital, Revolution’s Rise of the Rest Seed Fund, Hyde Park Angels, Wavemaker Partners and Bridge Investments.
PartySlate’s total funding of $11 million to date is the third-largest amount raised in the last 10 years by a female founder in Chicago.
“We believe that inspired events inspire people, and our vision is to inspire people around the world to host events that make a meaningful impact, from raising critical funds for important causes to helping friends and family forge stronger relationships,” said Julie Roth Novack, CEO and Co-Founder of PartySlate. “This new funding will support our ambitious product roadmap and allow us to continue to develop an invaluable resource for both people planning events and the event industry.”
Since its founding in 2015, more than 10,000 top venues, event planners, photographers, caterers, and décor companies have posted over 700,000 event photos to the platform. Unlike other wedding marketplaces, PartySlate is focused on all types of milestone celebrations and corporate events, not just weddings. PartySlate has launched in 17 cities, with further expansion planned in 2020. PartySlate will use this Series A funding to double headcount and expand its national footprint, further invest in the core platform, and scale strategic marketing efforts.
“PartySlate is in a unique position to be the leading event inspiration platform in this highly fragmented industry,” said Ryan Weber, a seasoned entrepreneur and co-founder of Great North Labs. “The platform’s undeniable network effects have fueled their efficient growth and provided value to both event professionals and venues and those looking to engage them.”
“The tightly-knit network of leading event professionals and venues on PartySlate mirrors and amplifies real-world industry relationships,” said John Haro, CTO and Co-Founder of PartySlate. “We are excited to add even more features that make our platform indispensable to our event professional community.”
PartySlate also announced that it has expanded its executive team to support its next phase of growth. The company recruited CJ Kowalsky as VP of Sales & Customer Success. Kowalsky spent 10 years at Yelp, where he grew and managed a salesforce of over 600 people. Tali Landau-Ofer also joins PartySlate as VP of Finance & Operations. Landau-Ofer spent 15 years in financial leadership roles in venture capital and at fast-growing startups, helping them scale and grow from early stage through IPO.
PartySlate is a photo-rich platform that inspires people planning events and connects them with the leading event companies and venues across the country and the world. Brides, grooms, and party hosts of all kinds can view over 700,000 stunning event photos, search and find venues, save what inspires them, and contact top event companies who can bring their ideas to life. PartySlate features beautiful and unique corporate events, galas, birthday parties, weddings, Bar and Bat Mitzvahs, and other milestone events. PartySlate is headquartered in Chicago, Illinois.
PRESS CONTACT: LAUREN MANDEL, LAUREN@PARTYSLATE.COM OR 847-422-3650
1. photographer: Fred Marcus Studio | planner: Gourmet Advisory Services | design, décor & floral: Dejuan Stroud, Inc. | venue: CNVS Events
2. photographer: Brett Matthews Photography | planner: Amy Katz Events | décor: Diana Gould Ltd | venue: Parrish Art Museum | music: Hank Lane Music
3. photographer: LaCour Images | design, décor & florals: Kehoe Designs | venue: River Roast Social House | photo booth: Chicago GIF | photo opp props: Molly E. Fallon Art & Design
4. photographer: Jessica Bordner Photography | planner: Posh Parties | décor & floral: Renny & Reed | venue: Four Seasons Resort Palm Beach
5. photographer: Chris Bailey Photography | planner: Keely Thorne Events | décor & floral: Johanna Terry Events | venue: The Revaire | lighting: LG Entertainment & Production
6. photographer & videographer: Suzanne Delawar Studios | planner: Chris Weinberg Events | décor: Gilded Group Décor | venue & caterer: 1 Hotel South Beach | music: Rock With U | lighting: PSAV