Filled with picturesque monuments, prominent landmarks, and beautiful natural backdrops, Washington, D.C. is a city unlike any other. Venture farther from Capitol Hill, and you’ll discover vibrant spots such as the artistic Adams Morgan neighborhood and picturesque Georgetown.
Our nation’s capital also plays host to some absolutely incredible private events. Every four years, the United States presidential inaugural ball dazzles onlookers with glamorous attire and top-notch entertainment.
Filled with picturesque monuments, prominent landmarks, and beautiful natural backdrops, Washington, D.C. is a city unlike any other.”
Even everyday celebrations get a boost with so many unique spots for interesting photos. We highly recommend scheduling some one-on-one time with your photographer to take advantage of this glorious city backdrop. Aside from awe-inspiring architecture, you’ll find plenty of unique murals and public artwork.
Whether you are looking to host the wedding of your dreams, an unforgettable Bar or Bat Mitzvah celebration, a prestigious corporate gathering, or a milestone birthday — you deserve an event space in Washington D.C. that’s as unique as you are.
We gathered the top 15 private party venues in D.C. where you can host a stand-out event. From boutique hotels and regal ballrooms to state-of-the-art music halls and foodie-haven restaurants, we know all the places to stage an epic celebration.
Don’t forget, finding the perfect event space in Washington D.C. is just the beginning. PartySlate is here to help you find the best team of vendors for your private event. Make sure to check out our curated directories to find everything from event planners and design teams to caterers and entertainment companies.
The celebration of your dreams has never been closer.
1. La Vie
For elevated Mediterranean cuisine, innovative cocktails, and waterfront views…
- La Vie, one of the hotspot private party venues in D.C., features over 10,000 square feet of space and dramatic city (and waterfront) views
- Combining an industrial vibe with an elevated lounge aesthetic, La Vie is the perfect space for creatives and trend setters
- See how this trendy cocktail party transformed the space with vibrant uplighting and gorgeous floral décor
- Party guests and hosts will love how unique architectural and design features (like colorful velvet seating, curved doorways, and eclectic chandeliers) make for one-of-a-kind photo ops
- Moreover, artisan cocktails and sumptuous Mediterranean cuisine bring dining to the forefront of your celebration
- Guests will also enjoy a stunning rooftop Terrace Bar with some of the best waterfront views in town
- Five event spaces are available, including the private Penthouse space with a built-in DJ booth, rooftop access, and ultra-chic furnishings
2. InterContinental Washington D.C. — The Wharf
For spacious elegance with natural lighting and dramatic water views…
- InterContinental Washington D.C. — The Wharf boasts 17,000-square-feet of event space defined by breathtaking floor-to-ceiling windows and plenty of natural lighting (not to mention, unique and elegant light fixtures)
- With several ballrooms and private meeting rooms, this hotel offers some of the best event spaces that Washington D.C. has to offer
- Guests will enjoy waterfront views of the Potomac River — along with elevated cuisine from the expert catering team
- A neutral color palette creates a blank canvas for your personalized celebration — regardless of theme or style
- We especially love the Waterside space with its dramatic floor-to-ceiling windows and soaring ceilings
- Click to see how this romantic wedding reception took advantage of the high ceilings to feature a stunning lighting installation
- Amenities include breakout rooms, a media room, accessible floorspace, pet-friendly spaces, and more — making it an ideal private party venue in D.C.
- Eleven event spaces are available, with accommodations for up to 700 guests
3. Yours Truly DC
For a boutique hotel that offers a creative space for innovative celebrations…
- Your Truly DC, located in downtown Washington D.C., takes the idea of “home is where the heart is” seriously
- This imaginative space is designed to evoke the feeling of home with its “immersive hangout space” and inviting décor
- Guests can enjoy a stay with the whole family at this pet-friendly hotel — while kids will appreciate participating in the “Yours Truly Kids” program
- This modern and eclectic event space in D.C. offers a variety of fresh and innovative venues for weddings and special events
- Enjoy tech-savvy spaces that are perfect for creative sessions and fun — such as Space Five with its ping pong table
- Weddings are breathtaking in the NINE & TEN ballroom that boasts tray ceilings and funky chandeliers
- You can also indulge in an outdoor celebration on the Mercy Me Deck — an ADA accessible space that also features outdoor speakers for an evening of vibrant entertainment
- We especially love the Deck’s high walls and how they provide guests with a sense of intimacy — even in the fresh air
- Yours Truly DC offers a wide variety of available event spaces with capacities for up to 500 guests
4. The Howard Theater
For an elegant celebration in a historic performance space…
- Added to the National Register of Historic Places, The Howard Theatre offers a rich history and treasured performance space
- With state-of-the-art lighting and sound capabilities, you can take advantage of the venue’s center stage for a unique wedding ceremony, elevated entertainment, or inspiring corporate presentation
- Timeless curved architecture and glossy wood detailing create an elegant setting for all types of occasions — while multiple bars, a full-service kitchen, and a dedicated team of event management staff help ensure a seamless celebration
- Even intimate events can benefit from a dedicated team
- The Howard Theater can accommodate up to 400 seated guests and 800 standing guests for a dynamic celebration
5. The LINE Hotel DC
For historic grandeur and a cultural experience…
- Located in the artsy Adams Morgan neighborhood, The LINE Hotel DC is situated in a 110-year-old historic church with original stained glass windows
- Guests can choose from intimate salon-style spaces, a breathtaking Mezzanine, the spacious rooftop, and Carino room with its vaulted ceilings and cheerful skylights
- Party hosts can expect creative menus crafted from locally-sourced ingredients
- As a pet-friendly hotel, you can bring your favorite fur babies along for the party
- Click to see how PartySlate used The LINE Hotel DC to host their Washingto, D.C launch party — and how the Mezzanine became the perfect spot for a live choir
- Seven event spaces are available, including the Monument Master Suite that is perfect for both intimate and grand celebrations
6. City Winery DC
For foodies and lovers of culture…
- City Winery DC, a fully-functioning urban winery, brings a high-end culinary and cultural experience to residents and visitors alike
- The company mantra, “Indulge the Senses,” means that guests can expect to experience a world of sound, taste, smell, sight, and touch
- Consider one of the many food and wine classes (including virtual) that City Winery DC offers for a corporate event or milestone celebration
- This unique event space in Washington, D.C. boasts several event spaces; including the stylish restaurant with views of the winery and aging oak barrels, a romantic wine garden, and spacious concert venue
- The concert venue offers a rustic backdrop (with all the glamour of wine country) as well as modern amenities that include a built-in stage and state-of-the-art Meyer sound system
- City Winery DC can accommodate both intimate parties and larger celebrations for up to 400 guests
7. Dock5 at Union Market
For a world of culinary choices…
- Dock5 at Union Market is one of the most accommodating private party venues in D.C., boasting 12,000 square feet of flexible event space in the heart of the city’s trendy NoMa neighborhood
- Located directly above Union Market, the spot allows you to take advantage of the dozens of top restaurants and food producers nearby for a taste of some of D.C.’s finest cuisine
- With high white-paneled ceilings, an expansive warehouse space, and back walls that open (for plenty of fresh air), Dock5 will perfectly transform to fit any type of style and occasion
- Dock5 at Union Market can accommodate up to 400 seated guests and 700 standing guests
For your own personal concert or flexible stage presentation…
- Located in The Wharf along D.C.’s Southwest waterfront, The Anthem has all the benefits of a monstrous stadium plus the flexibility of a private event space
- The modern venue offers an adjustable stage, state-of-the-art AV equipment, and the ability to remove up to 90-percent of its arena-style seating for spacious large-scale gatherings
- With 54,000 square feet of adjustable space and a dedicated team of experienced event professionals, choose The Anthem for your own personal concert or a unique wedding celebration
- The Anthem can accommodate up 3,200 seated guests and 6,000 standing guests
9. Culture House DC
For a unique cultural celebration in a variety of spaces…
- Choose between an outdoor courtyard, lounge area, art annex, or edgy performance space — or simply rent them all at Culture House DC.
- The space, formerly known as Blind Whino, adds a trendy, art-filled vibe to any private event — be it a wedding ceremony or corporate event
- with its ever-changing exhibitions and adjustable spaces, no two gatherings at Culture House DC are the same
- Whether you opt for an outdoor ceremony under string lights or a swanky cocktail party in the clean-cut annex, this distinctive venue will surely make your event stands out from the rest
- Culture House DC features four event spaces with accommodations for up to 500 guests
10. The Mansion on O
For swoon-worthy décor and secret doors to fun…
- Commonly referenced as one of the top historic event spaces in the world, The Mansion on O offers the kind of culturally-rich setting you would expect from a premier Washington, D.C. venue
- Swoon-worthy décor from across the globe fills over 100 private event rooms that feature 70 “secret doors” that lead into conference rooms, ballrooms, galleries, and more
- The breathtaking mansion offers world-class event planners, custom in-house catering options, and of course, stunning event backdrops
- The Mansion on O can accommodate up to 650 standing guests
11. Gallery O on H
For an industrial chic party in an artistic spot…
- For the artsy party host, Gallery O on H is a premier indoor-outdoor venue with a contemporary feel
- The courtyard is surrounded by a mix of industrial red brick walls and natural greenery, while the indoor garage provides a shaded retreat with a blank canvas
- Former brides and grooms boast of the exceptional service the venue’s manager provides from start to finish, and they appreciate the full attention they received as the venue’s only wedding of the weekend
- From romantic ceremonies to milestone dinner parties under the stars, Gallery O on H provides an intimate and welcoming setting for you and your guests.
- Gallery O on H can accommodate up to 125 guests
12. The Loft at 600 F
For a unique, boutique event space…
- Rustic meets chic at The Loft at 600 F, which offers a history-rich event space within the Oriental Building Association No. 6 — a structure that has stood tall for over 100 years
- The Loft at 600 F has three floors of boutique event space: The Loft itself on the 3rd floor, The Lounge on the 2nd floor, and The Retreat on the 4th
- Natural light spills into The Loft through its many large windows, creating a beautifully lit setting of exposed brick walls and glossy light wood floors
- The Retreat, with its modern edge, boasts two large meeting spaces for corporate gatherings, while The Lounge is perfect for cocktail hours or daytime soirées with its nearly street level views of D.C.’s bustling Penn Quarter
- The Loft at 600 can accommodate up to 120 guests
13. Studio 52
For a spot with built-in flexibility and fun lighting…
- One of the most unique event spaces in D.C., Studio 52 provides an eccentric vibe for any type of occasion
- The aged wood walls were hand-picked to evoke a warm and romantic setting within the space, while concrete floors and LED-lit windows — which can change hues to fit your event’s color palette — add a modern touch
- With an open floor plan and 20-foot ceilings, Studio 52 accommodates all styles from casual to glamorous
- The venue’s many amenities include plenty of parking, an optional garage door for a summer breeze, and a built-in photo booth to help your guests create lasting memories
- Studio 52 offers accommodations for up to 80 seated guests and 200 standing guests
14. National Union Building
For a spacious party in a vintage venue…
- With six floors of private event space in the midst of Penn Quarter, National Union Building offers an exclusive atmosphere for completely individualized events.
- With the option to rent one or a combination of eight flexible settings — including a basement speakeasy — each event held at this unique event space in Washington D.C. is completely different from the next
- Dating back to 1890, the venue offers vintage appeal, welcoming guests with an industrial iron staircase, exposed red brick, high ceilings, and beautifully-curved glass windows
- The building’s Five North space offers breakout offices and private meeting rooms for corporate gatherings, while the top floor’s Six North provides a spacious setting for milestone celebrations.
- Combine multiple spaces for a party that roams from room to room with varied theming and activities that can accommodate hundreds of guests
15. Longview Gallery
For art lovers, a space that needs no adornment…
- This warehouse space (turned D.C. art gallery) doubles as a one-of-a-kind venue for celebrations and corporate events
- Longview Gallery offers an urban-chic setting for intimate gatherings — with gorgeous, hand-picked artwork sprawled across the walls as built-in décor
- Hosts love the flexibility this modern setting offers, with the option to accentuate the 8,500 square feet of industrial space with extraordinary designs — or add minimal elements and let the artwork make a statement of its own
- Smooth concrete floors and large garage-style windows offer the perfect canvas for a natural daytime glow or romantic moonlit evening
- Longview Gallery can accommodate up to 400 guests
More Information on Private Party Venues in D.C.
PartySlate is here to answer your questions on Washington, D.C. venues. Keep reading to learn more about Washington D.C. Event venues.
What is the Best Location to Host a Party in Washington, D.C.?
Good question. That answer will vary depending on your interests, personality, and style.
If you’re looking for a place that offers your guests easy access to Washington, D.C.’s top attractions (as well as a luxurious setting), you might choose to host your celebration close to the National Mall.
Both Dupont Circle and the Foggy Bottom Neighborhood also offer convenient locations for discovering the best of all D.C. has to offer.
Artists and individualists may prefer to host a wedding, corporate party, or milestone celebration in the trendy Adams Morgan neighborhood. For historic streets and quiet (but chic) residential neighborhoods, head to Georgetown.
How Can I Find Other Washington D.C. Venues?
You can find more Washington, D.C. wedding and event venues by browsing PartySlate’s curated directory. Use the map to explore venues by specific neighborhoods. You can also narrow your search by venue type, guest count, and preferred amenities.
Don’t forget: PartySlate is also here to connect you with a talented team of event professionals to make your party dreams come true. Click here to discover a team of Washington D.C. vendors for your next celebration.