San Francisco wedding venues exceed expectations and offer a unique experience that is irreplicable. This cultural, commercial, and financial center of Northern California is the epicenter for lavish celebrations. You’ll note that several of our choices for wedding venues are in Union Square where an abundance of culture and history enriches the streets of San Francisco.
Take a look at this carefully curated list of wedding venues. Whether you’re looking for a glamorous ballroom or an airy rooftop with breathtaking views — an expert wedding planner will curate the event space into your dream celebration.
But wait, there’s more. We reached out to expert event planner Kaella Lynn Wilson of Kaella Lynn Events for advice on picking a wedding venue in San Francisco. When site searching ballrooms, she looks for light and furnishings. “Natural light,” she tells us, “is ideal for photography.”
She also takes note of their inventory in order to estimate how much outsourcing would be needed to create the desired aesthetic. She tells us, “I always ask to see their China, chairs, glassware, etc at an initial site tour to decide if it would work for the design/client or not.”
These San Francisco wedding venues offer thousands of square-feet available. You’ll have the freedom to fill the aisles with lavish floral arrangements, offer cozy lounge areas, and even find space to embrace your favorite entertainment.
San Francisco wedding venues with natural light are ideal for photography.” – Kaella Lynn Wilson, Kaella Lynn Events
Find the perfect event space here on our wedding venue San Francisco list and ensure a beautiful, memorable celebration for you and all your loved ones.
1. The Westin St. Francis
For a luxurious wedding experience topped off with a stunning San Francisco view…
- The Westin St.Francis is a 56,000-square-foot hotel located next to Union Square and is your destination spot for a luxurious wedding filled with glamour and a fairytale-like ending
- After guests attend your upscale ballroom wedding at this historic hotel, they’ll be well within reach of many San Francisco attractions
- Alexandra’s Ballroom on the 32nd floor highlights the spectacular views of the beautiful San Francisco Skyline, along with the Golden Gate Bay Bridges
- Also, see how this Dreamy Wedding and Candyland Corporate Event used this space for their celebrations
- Eight event spaces are available, including three ballrooms with capacities for a party of up to 1,500 guests
2. The Ritz-Carlton
For a magical wedding that will take you back in time…
- The Ritz-Carlton, San Francisco occupies the property of a 19th-century neoclassical building, offering a historical yet elegant San Francisco wedding venue that’s well-located on the iconic cable car line (your guests will thank you)
- Pairing modern elegance with timeless luxury, The Ritz-Carlton prides themselves on personal, inimitable, and unforgettable moments
- The Terrace Courtyard and Tent at the center of the hotel will wow your guests with a beautifully-landscaped space filled with flower beds, herb gardens, and boxed hedges
- Also see how this Engagement Party and Baby Shower utilized this event space
- Three event spaces, including The Ballroom, are available for a party as grand as 500 guests — while the Terrace Room accommodates up to 200 guests
3. JW Marriott San Francisco Union Square
For a private celebration with stunning panoramic views…
- JW Marriott Union Square is 21-story-high wedding venue in San Francisco and at the heart of one of the world’s most dazzling gateway cities
- Enhance your wedding with natural lighting, an outdoor terrace, and panoramic views of San Francisco — along with royal service and ravishing dècor
- Metropolitan Ballroom is one of the many event spaces that will accommodate your large gathering and offer a glamorous night for all guests
- A wedding specialist, exceptional culinary team, and esteemed associates are ready at your convenience to ensure a perfect wedding
- 15 event spaces are available, including ballrooms (accommodating up to 175 guests), banquet halls, and skyline rooms
4. Four Seasons
For the ultimate ballroom wedding that’s rich in detail and ready for your grand vision…
- Four Seasons San Francisco — a 5-star luxurious property accented with shades of white, blue and grey (for a tranquil ambience you’ll appreciate) — is the ideal getaway for your wedding venue
- Here at the Four Seasons, they’ve redefined luxury for the modern traveler with attentive team members to ensure a seamless celebration
- The Veranda Ballroom offers a contemporary and elegant wedding venue in San Francisco that can be shaped into a variety of events — be they grand or intimate, sophisticated or whimsical
- Also see how a Luxe Ballroom Reception and Glamorous Wedding celebration used this space
- Five event spaces, including The Veranda Terrace (located adjacent to the The Veranda Ballroom) and two suites are available for parties as large as 80 guests and as intimate as 40 guests
RELATED: Best Wedding Centerpieces [Guide]
5. Hotel VIA
For an unmatchable, elite rooftop experience…
- Hotel VIA, located across the street from the iconic Oracle Park, depicts a personality almost as unique as the city it serves
- Hotel VIA is the South Beach, San Francisco hot spot that boasts a minimalist and geometrical style perfect for the modern couple
- The Rooftop at VIA is an outstanding 3,000-square-foot San Francisco wedding venue that offers fire pits, private cabanas, and an experienced staff
- Also see how this Intimate Wedding utilized the event space
- Five event spaces are available, including Bar VIA (with accommodation for up to 125 guests) and Elevation 10 (suited for a more intimate rooftop experience)
So You Found Your Ideal Wedding Venue in San Francisco…
Read on to find answers to some commonly asked questions on wedding venues in San Francisco.
How much does a San Francisco wedding cost?
Wedding costs vary depending on a variety of factors, including day and time. Daytime weddings are often less expensive than evening weddings. Similarly, weekday weddings tend to be more economic than weekend celebrations. We recommend hiring a wedding planner to help you come up with the right plan for your budget.
Where can I get married in San Francisco?
In addition to these 5 San Francisco wedding venues, you’ll find other extraordinary event spaces in this unique city.
If you’re an enthusiastic historian, San Francisco is the place to come for a landmark wedding. From the Golden Gate Bridge to Fisherman’s Wharf, these city streets are scattered with culture and historical importance.
On the other hand, you may be searching for that dazzling city view. Luckily, San Francisco has unbelievable rooftops if you’re looking for an open air wedding celebration. Head to our directory to discover other great wedding venues in this vibrant city.