Your intimate wedding deserves a spectacular setting — so we’ve asked four top planners to recommend their favorite small Houston wedding venues. As most couples will tell you, planning the perfect wedding starts with finding the perfect (and available) wedding venue.
Luckily, finding your dream wedding venue doesn’t have to be overwhelming. We’ve turned to the experts to see which small spaces they routinely recommend. We’ve also searched through hundreds of spaces to find additional PartySlate-approved spots to tie the knot.
Whether you are looking for a space surrounded by nature or in the heart of H-town, you can find your ideal venue below. Best of all, you can contact your preferred venue directly from the article. It’s time to start planning your dream wedding.
TOP HOUSTON WEDDING PLANNERS
For a historic clubhouse with Spanish-style architecture…
She describes the space as “a 1933 golf clubhouse transformed into a quaint, intimate event venue. She goes on to say, “The historical restorations were imagined by local firm Curtis and Windham Architects. The building is set within vibrant courtyard gardens designed by landscape architects Michael Van Valkenburgh Associates.”
Lastly, she tells us, “It feels charming, warm, and inviting, plus the outdoor lawn gives you a great space to host a progressive event. Start with cocktails in the foyer, dinner in the grand dining room, and an after party on the lawn.”
Lott Hall at Hermann Park Conservancy Capacity: 150 (seated) – 300 (standing)
For an intimate space with the comforts of home…
She describes it as, “a small venue that was also the former home of Barbara and George Bush with a beautiful small backyard area surrounded by trees for a ceremony, then cocktails outside, and dinner in the Manor house.” She goes on to say, “Because it was a family home, it has a warm, relaxed, and intimate atmosphere.”
The Manor House at The Houstonian Hotel Club & Spa Capacity: 100 (seated) – 150 (standing)
For an industrial-chic venue with unique outdoor backdrops…
She shares, “Hughes Manor is such a magnificent small-to-medium venue tucked away in the Lower Heights area of Houston.” She adds, “The indoor/outdoor industrial-chic event hall is filled with nods to the past, aviation, and modern luxuries.” Moreover, “The historical feel, indoor/outdoor bar, elevated stage, and beautiful chandeliers allowed us to create an event that left a lasting impression on all of the guests — including our team.”
Hughes Manor Capacity: 100 (seated) – 300 (standing)
For a micro wedding set in a beautiful garden space…
She shares, “It’s a whimsical eatery perfect for a charming, intimate wedding.” She continues, “With the landscape of the restaurant’s gardens, immaculate lawns, and grand gazebo setting the scene; it’s the perfect garden wedding spot for more relaxed and homespun details.”
Tiny Boxwoods Capacity: 20 (seated and standing)
Additional Recommendations from
For contemporary design and curated greenery…
- 5226 ELM is stylish modern venue with gorgeous grounds that include a koi-stocked meditation pool, rose-covered walkways, and a 20-foot bamboo surround
- See how this couple exchanged vows in the intimate Courtyard before moving indoors to The Studio for a modern reception with spherical light fixtures and glittery tabletops
- 5226 ELM Capacity: 150 (seated and standing)
For a gallery with one-of-a-kind artwork…
- Bisong Art Gallery, located in the historic and eclectic Warehouse District in downtown Houston, is a 1,200-square-foot loft space with exposed brick and frosted, mosaic glass windows
- This unique and intimate venue, which also showcases and represents talented artists outside of the larger galleries, was recently featured in PartySlate’s Black-Owned Wedding and Event Company list
- Discover how this summertime wedding featured the stunning glass windows in both their outdoor ceremony and indoor reception
- Bisong Art Gallery Capacity: 60 (seated) – 80 (standing)
For an escape to the Tuscan countryside…
- Bernhardt Winery is situated on 20-acres of century-old native pecan trees, beautiful vineyards, and rolling hills; located just a short drive from Houston, this Tuscan-style winery offers a tranquil escape from the hustle and bustle of the city
- We love how the Soleil Room features an adjacent courtyard with a raised pergola, making it the perfect space for an intimate wedding ceremony and cocktail reception
- Bernhardt Winery Capacity: 48 (seated) – 130 (standing)
For a customized dining experience in an elegant venue…
- Brennan’s of Houston pairs Southern hospitality with award-winning cuisine; it offers options for tailored experiences that include Champagne flights, whiskey tastings, and customized cocktails
- See how this day-time wedding used cream-colored cocktails, soft-toned floral arrangements, and a golden wedding cake to complement the neutral color palette of the elegant indoor dining space
- Brennan’s of Houston Capacity: 150 (seated and standing)
For a beautiful wooded property with unique photo ops…
- Forever 5 Events is a family-owned-and-operated venue situated on 16 wooded acres; a portion of the proceeds from every event is donated in support of curing DIPG and other childhood cancers research
- See how this gorgeous outdoor wedding ceremony took place under the venue’s series of over-sized arches leading up to a picturesque lake
- Forever 5 Events Capacity: 200 (seated)
For an eclectic space that pairs natural beauty with innovative design…
- The Oak Atelier features four venue spaces on five wooded acres; we especially love how most of the furnishings are constructed from an onsite woodworking shop
- Click to see The Willow space, a one-of-a-kind glass greenhouse with marble floors, chandeliers, and 17-foot ceilings — a unique space for an intimate wedding that features the best of both the ballroom and nature
- The Oak Atelier Capacity: 60 (seated and standing)
For a whimsical, boho-style celebration…
- At the Shire, situated just north of Houston in the Piney Woods, features three connected Nordic Tipis for a magical setting where boho meets “happily ever after”
- Click to see the outdoor ceremony site where an open tipi-inspired structure serves as a one-of-a-kind wedding arch — and throne-style rattan chairs give the sweetheart table a new look
- At the Shire Capacity: 150 (seated and standing)
OUR PANEL OF TOP HOUSTON WEDDING PLANNERS
Alli-Ryan Motley, Creative Director of Impressions Events
Impressions Events produces luxury celebrations all over the world. This talented team of wedding and event planners creates experiential events that wow with stunning décor and elevated details — all while taking the stress out of the planning process.
Ann Whittington, Owner of Ann Whittington Events
Ann Whittington Events creates one-of-a-kind events with meticulous attention to detail. From romantic weddings and creative party themes to sophisticated corporate events, this talented team brings unparalleled creativity to every celebration.
Emily Rudelson, Founder & CEO of Planned With
Planned With brings an impeccable level of creativity to each and every event they produce. Specializing in corporate, wedding, social & lifestyle events, we love Planned With’s versatility and experiential-mindset.
Rebecca Martens, Owner of Belle Events
Belle Events is a boutique wedding event consultation firm that specializes in planning and designing distinct celebrations. They pair innovative design with a seamless planning process, and the result is visually-stunning and unique events.
People Also Ask…
What is Considered a Small, Intimate Wedding?
Typically, a small wedding (also known as a micro wedding) includes a guest list of 50 or fewer. An even smaller version, known as a “minimony,” features 10 or fewer guests.
Click on the following to learn more about small, intimate weddings:
- 47 Ways to Make Your Micro Wedding Larger Than Life
- 17 Small Backyard Weddings That Prove Home is Where the Heart Is
- 12 Small Wedding Ideas [That Make a Big Impact]
You can also browse real small weddings on PartySlate here.
Where Can I Find Vendors for My Small Wedding?
Finding wedding vendors doesn’t have to feel overwhelming. Use PartySlate’s curated directory to find talented vendors near you. Make sure to use the filters to narrow your search by vendor category, event type, location, services, and more to find your perfect fit.