Lauren Mandel, the Director of Marketing at PartySlate, has planned enough bachelorette parties to become our go-to expert. Here she shares her secrets for delicious meals, nights out on the town, and touches to make your friend’s celebration extra special.
A San Diego bachelorette party is the perfect destination getaway for you and your best friends. When it comes to bachelorette parties, there are many routes you can take: club hopping in Las Vegas, city nightlife in New York City, beaches and bars in Miami, even complete relaxation at a Mexican resort. San Diego, however, offers an ideal combination of all of the above — plus experiences that you can’t find anywhere else.
This seaside city offers beautiful beaches, lively nightlife, and plenty of options for pre-wedding relaxation — it truly will be an unforgettable weekend for every guest. One of the first steps when planning a San Diego bachelorette party is finding the right home base. We’re sharing six hotels we recommend for your weekend stay, plus additional perks offered by each gorgeous property.
1. Andaz San Diego
For a boutique property with big-city style…
- Historic hotel originally opened in 1913 for the World’s Fair
- Rooms and suites offer unique details, like the Andaz Cabana Suite with pool access
- The Rooftop by STK transforms into a high-energy nightclub in the evenings
- Popular DJs regularly book to perform poolside on the rooftop
- Book your private dining experience at STK Restaurant, perfect for a San Diego bachelorette party
2. Hilton San Diego Bayfront
For city convenience & customized itineraries
- Walking distance to shops, bars, and restaurants in the Gaslamp Quarter
- All rooms and suites have views of the water and city skyline
- Multiple on-site restaurants; including Odysea, an innovative, waterfront cocktail bar
- eforea spa at Hilton San Diego Bayfront offers massages, nail treatments, and more
- Work with hotel concierge to customize activities and experiences for your San Diego bachelorette party
RELATED: Best Wedding Colors [Guide]
3. Hotel del Coronado, Curio Collection by Hilton
For historic & beautiful beachfront luxury…
- Historic red-roofed resort built in 1888
- Beautiful rooms and suites, plus an exclusive oceanfront cottages and villas
- Del Beach, the resort’s private beach, offers exclusive beach lounge access and evening s’mores for guests
- Book an exclusive spa day at Spa at the Del, which includes access to all spa amenities
- Head to the Sun Deck, a beachfront eatery, for a fun San Diego bachelorette party idea
RELATED: Best Wedding Centerpieces [Guide]
4. Pendry San Diego
For an exclusive experience with VIP amenities…
- Located in the heart of the Historic Gaslamp Quarter
- Walkable to San Diego’s best restaurants, shops, and bars
- Six unique restaurants, including a beer hall and cocktail lounge
- Premier rooftop lounge, The Pool House, offers daytime and nighttime amenities as well as a suite with a pool table and a private cabana
- Book a table and bottle service at the Oxford Social Club, an exclusive underground nightlife lounge, for your San Diego bachelorette party
5. Omni La Costa Resort & Spa
For a beautiful getaway with a stunning view…
- Located beside the Batiquitos Lagoon in Carlsbad, California
- Official hotel of the PGA Tour, features two championship golf courses, as well as a state-of-the-art spa
- Eight swimming pools, 17 tennis courts, seven on-site restaurants
- An abundance of villas featuring fireplaces, private balconies, and fully stocked kitchens
- A team of culinary artists offer a multi-course customized catering menu for your San Diego bachelorette party
6. Park Hyatt Aviara Resort
For a tranquil and activity packed experience…
- Resort, Golf Club and Spa
- Newly designed guest rooms and suites, and re-imagined event spaces
- Coastal-inspired décor and tranquil colors that reflect the unique setting of the resort
- Two dining spots, a Topgolf swing suite, and lobby café
- Experienced event planners to help execute your San Diego bachelorette party
Where Should I stay for a Bachelorette Party in San Diego
Bachelorette parties can be packed with activities or dedicated to complete relaxation — you have the freedom to choose. Once you have chosen the destination of your party, it’s important to look for nearby attractions or amenities in your hotel.
A bachelorette party is designed to be the perfect getaway, so available suites or villas is the perfect way to get some privacy. If your party is full of wine lovers, check out nearby wineries or even vineyards. On-site hotel restaurants make your dinner plans much more convenient and stress-free. A spa within the hotel grants access to a very relaxing day with the girls. Finding great San Diego bachelorette party ideas starts with the right home base.
What Do You Do at a Bachelorette Party?
There’s many things that you can do at a bachelorette party, depending on your personality and style. Spend a day touring vineyards and tasting beautifully crafted wines, or backpack through the beautiful surrounding landscape and go camping.
If you’re looking for an energetic atmosphere, spend the night on the town. Or if you’d prefer a tranquil night, take a cocktail class with your best friends. Art lovers can paint and sip on wine. Or guests can completely de-stress with a refreshing day at the spa. When it comes to San Diego Bachelorette party ideas, the options are limitless.
For a day of adventure and perfect photo ops, consider heading to one of San Diego’s many attractions — such as Balboa Park or Gaslamp Quarter. Just make sure to bring along a professional photographer. After all, you’ll want to revisit these memories for years to come.
Do You Give Gifts at a Bachelorette Party?
Gift giving at a bachelorette party is most definitely not required, especially if your weekend includes plane tickets and many costly activities. Although, it may be fun to exchange funny/joke gifts or very small sentimental items. Mini gifts can add another memory to an unforgettable weekend. You can use PartySlate’s curated directory to find meaningful gifts and party favors here.