You don’t need to be a fan of chilly weather to embrace these stunning winter party ideas. Whether you’re planning a glamorous birthday bash, a corporate holiday party, or anything in between, the colder months of the year can lead to the best event inspiration.
There are countless ways to highlight the beauty of the season. PartySlate is here to help bring your event vision to life with this curated list of winter-themed party ideas. If you’re looking to host an event that stands out amidst the excitement of the holiday season, you’re in the right place.
- Welcome Guests With a Grand Entrance
- Opt for a Ski Lodge Theme
- Make it Snow (Without the Chill)
- Accent Your Space With Metal & Lucite
- Set the Scene With Winter Lighting
- Wow Guests with a Cascading Ceiling Installation
- Adorn Your Venue With Dreamy Drapery
- Don’t Shy Away From a Glittery Photo Op
- Welcome a Winter Vibe With Evergreen Décor
- Reimagine Your Venue’s Lounge Area
- Add Icy-Blue Hues to Your Tablescapes
- Use Acrylic Elements to Evoke Snow & Ice
- Keep Guests Satiated With a Winter Snow Shack
- Amp Up the Fun With a Good ol’ Fashioned Shot Ski
- Keep Your Catering Festive & On Theme
- Add Glitter & Glamour to Your Entertainment Act
- Say Thanks With Thoughtful Wintry Favors
1. Welcome Guests With a Grand Entrance
A winter party is the perfect occasion to deck the halls – literally. Line the entryway to your event with metallic garlands, like at this beautiful surprise birthday dinner at The Langham, Boston. It’s the perfect way to transition your guests from their everyday routine to a winter wonderland.
2. Opt for a Ski Lodge Theme
Nothing says “winter” like a trip to the slopes. This ski lodge-inspired Bar Mitzvah party, planned by Jen Gould Event Design, featured personalized skiing equipment and antler décor to bring the theme to life. A setup like this one is sure to make guests feel like they’re on holiday at your event.
3. Make it Snow (Without the Chill)
Love the beauty of snow, but don’t want to celebrate in the chilly outdoors? Bring the winter wonderland indoors by getting creative with your lighting. This Boston Bat Mitzvah party used creative lighting by Suzanne B. Lowell Lighting Design to mimic dazzling flurries — with none of the cold.
4. Accent Your Space With Metal & Lucite
This combination of lucite décor and metal furniture created a sophisticated nod to an icy winter. The chrome chairs, clear glass votives, and transparent tree stands at this Atlanta celebration, hosted at Ali Events at Lakewood Atlanta, transported guests to an icy paradise.
5. Set the Scene With Winter Lighting
Colorful lighting is a great way to play up your event theme, and cool blues can be the perfect addition to your winter celebration. See how the dance floor at this holiday bash, designed by The Style Marc, was instantly highlighted by the seasonally inspired lighting. The snow-like projections and modern ceiling fixtures work together to illuminate the celebration.
6. Wow Guests with a Cascading Ceiling Installation
7. Adorn Your Venue With Dreamy Drapery
8. Don’t Shy Away From a Glittery Photo Op
Nothing says “holiday cheer” like a sparkly photo op. Add some (or a lot) of glitter to your décor to create a festive vibe for your event. See how planner Nick Gentile Events & Weddings made the most of this backdrop by adorning it with picture-perfect, shimmering decorations.
9. Welcome a Winter Vibe With Evergreen Décor
10. Reimagine Your Venue’s Lounge Area
Adding an igloo (or several) will truly make your venue feel like a winter wonderland. This festive New York B’nai Mitzvah party, planned by Jennifer Zabinski Events, featured a fresh take on a teens’ hangout spot: a collection of igloo structures in which guests could chill – literally.
11. Add Icy-Blue Hues to Your Tablescapes
Shades of icy blue can bring a whimsical winter day anywhere – even to a 70th-birthday bash in sunny Los Angeles. These chic table settings, planned by Sterling Engagements and designed by Shawna Yamamoto Event Design, make use of icy hues that look cool in more ways than one.
12. Use Acrylic Elements to Evoke Snow & Ice
13. Keep Guests Satiated With a Winter Snow Shack
A self-serve snack bar is a great way to satisfy hungry guests, and this charming snow shack is the perfect inspo. This “Winter One-derland” birthday celebration by Social Llama Events served up sweet treats (catered by Vestals Catering) on a snowflake-adorned display that’s as adorable as it is functional.
14. Amp Up the Fun With a Good ol’ Fashioned Shot Ski
15. Keep Your Catering Festive & On Theme
There are lots of ways to subtly highlight the theme of your event, and catering is one of them. This New York dinner party served up a festive punch bowl on a stunning tablescape by Patrick J Clayton Productions. Use this inspiration for all of your cuisine by serving up seasonally inspired snacks in addition to sips.
16. Add Glitter & Glamour to Your Entertainment Act
Get your guests in the celebratory spirit with a band or live performance.
The talented musicians of BeatMix Music fit right in at this metallic-themed holiday party with their sparkly attire. See how every element of the celebration glittered — from the mirrored bar station to the curated tabletops.
17. Say Thanks With Thoughtful Wintry Favors
People Also Ask…
How do I find the right venue for my winter-themed party?
Planning your dream event starts with finding the perfect venue, and PartySlate makes it easy. Head to our curated venue directory to find a detailed list of the best venues for birthday parties, corporate bashes, Bar and Bat Mitzvah parties, and more. Use our helpful filters to narrow down your search and ease the stress of the venue selection process.
How can I bring these winter party ideas to life at my own event?
PartySlate isn’t just here to show you what a beautiful event looks like; we’re here to help you achieve your dream celebration. Use our vendor search to find the top event professionals in your area, check out their portfolios, and find the ones who match your style. You can also draw inspiration from our Idea Slates which showcase all kinds of creative themes and event concepts.